PubMed articles are a good source for those looking for clinical studies and scientific research on ionized water.
What is PubMed?
It is a nationally recognized source for research articles. It comprises more than 23 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites. The Health Sciences Library provides access to MEDLINE via the PubMed search system from the National Library of Medicine.
Scientists Around the World Are Recognizing the Benefits of Ionized Water
Scientists around the world refer to “Alkaline Ionized Water” as electrolyzed reduced water (ERW). Other common names for it are ionized water, negatively charged water, reduced water or living water.
Acidic Ionized water is known as electrolyzed oxidizing water (EOW) in the scientific literature because of its positive electrical charge.
Here is a list of clinical studies and scientic research on ionized water if you like digging into research articles.
- PMID: 19003114 2002 Diabetes Reduced water (RW) such as hydrogen-rich electrolyzed reduced water and natural reduced waters like Hita Tenryosui water in Japan and Nordenau water in Germany that are known to improve various diseases…RW (Reduced Water) may be useful in preventing alloxan-induced type 1-diabetes mellitus.
- PMID: 20202333 2006 Diabetes ERW, provided as a drinking water, significantly reduced the blood glucose concentration and improved glucose…The present data suggest that ERW may function as an orally effective anti-diabetic agent and merit further studies on its precise mechanism.
- PMID: 17268057 2007 Diabetes reduced the blood glucose concentration, increased blood insulin level, improved glucose tolerance and preserved beta-cell mass
- PMID: 21063772 2011 Diabetes Electrolyzed reduced water, which is capable of scavenging reactive osygen species, is attracting recent attention because it has shown improved efficacy against several types of diseases including diabetes mellitus.
- PMID: 9169001 1997 Antioxidant Electrolyzed-reduced water scavenges active oxygen species and protects DNA from oxidative damage.
- PMID: 19003049 2005 Cancer Electrolyzed Reduced Water Supplemented with Platinum Nano particles Suppresses Promotionof Two-stage Cell Transformation.
- PMID: 19202298 2009 Cancer Electrolzyed-reduced water (ERW) is a higher pH and lower oxidation-reduction potential water. In the present study, we examined the enhanced effect of ERW in the apoptosis of leukemia cells, results suggest that ERW is an antioxidant, and that ERW, in combination with GSH, has an enhanced apoptosis-inducing effect on HL-60 cells,
- PMID: 19887722 2009 Hangovers ERW has an effect of alcohol detoxification by antioxidant mechanism and has potentiality for relief of ethanol-induced hangover symptoms.
- PMID: 11121980 2000 Wound Healing EOW accelerating wound healing
- PMID: 12857518 2003 Burn Wounds Effect of electrolyzed oxidizing water and hydrocolloid occlusive dressings on excised burn-wounds in rats. Wound healing may be acclerlerated by applying a hydrocolloid occlusive dressing on burn surfaces after they are cleaned with EOW.
- PMID: 16325558 2005 Chlorinated Drinking Water Linked to Cancer Consumption of chlorinated drinking water is suspected to be associated with adverse health effects, including mutations and cancer.